Can somone help me find usable audio drivers for an older IBM Lenovo desktop?
Thanks! Your reply set in motion a series of events that led to victory, eventually.

(07-13-2012, 02:12 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: Have you tried doing an uninstall (right click - uninstall) and then a scan for hardware changes (right click - scan for hardware changes)?

I tried that without success, but your advice had me thinking outside the box a bit. I unistalled whatever was there through the Device Manager and installed the newest driver I could find that went completely through the install process without throwing up an error message. This of course did not work, but it ensured I had an actual driver on the machine. I then used the "New Hardware Wizard" and had it point specifically to the folder that the old driver was in, and by fairy and possibly unicorn magic it worked.

This is also officially the first time the "New Hardware Wizard" ever actually did something useful for me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can somone help me find usable audio drivers for an older IBM Lenovo desktop? - by DeeBye - 07-13-2012, 03:28 AM