The Pace of the Game
At first I didn't mind the movement controlling effects. Now I find them a bit too strong - they feel like they restrict my skill selections a too much.
I think most of the problem is the way the skills combine. There are restrictions that packs can't have two crowd control skills, but frozen isn't in the crowd control category. Frozen is fine by itself, but combined with fear things can get annoying fast. Illusions shouldn't be able to use the skills either. I'd like to see them be less stingy with the crowd control reduction affix on items. If all this was done I think things would be fine for characters that don't rely on kiting extensively.

Separately I'd like to see changes to help kiting characters. The game seems so rough on them and vortex/jailer etc is only part of it. I can see why they don't want fresh 60's to be able to kite too well, but why not have some gear affixes that penetrate the resistance to crowd control that inferno mobs get.

I wouldn't cry if the potion cooldown were reduced, but I'm not sure how much that would help.

The most interesting idea I've read is to throw out champion packs, and replace them with wandering boss monsters (kind of like uber diablo) that are more rare, easily skippable, and have very good loot drops. These could have the similar random abilities. The idea is that people who wanted to finish the game would face a smoother difficulty curve. In order to handle tough packs on inferno you have to be geared so well that normal mobs aren't a challenge. If you came across one of these wandering monsters you would want to kill it and be motivated to get gear that let you did it, but I want this to be less jarring to my normal play experience. High end farming would be playing through the game looking for these.

Messages In This Thread
The Pace of the Game - by Archon_Wing - 07-28-2012, 12:10 AM
RE: The Pace of the Game - by SkyDarkwind - 07-28-2012, 08:13 AM
RE: The Pace of the Game - by ErickTheRed - 07-29-2012, 04:35 AM
RE: The Pace of the Game - by FireIceTalon - 07-29-2012, 09:25 PM
RE: The Pace of the Game - by Wessonality - 07-29-2012, 08:47 PM
RE: The Pace of the Game - by Kurosu - 07-30-2012, 02:35 AM