Ohio miners forced to attend Romney rally without pay...
(09-10-2012, 02:39 AM)shoju Wrote: Considering that Ohio is one of the states where At Will firing is still very much a thing, Yes. It's an empty

Does it make me care? Not until someone actually gets fired for not showing up. Sorry, I just don't. I see all kinds of incredibly terrible things within employment in this state, and in my own position.

When someone gets fired, I will have a problem with it. I sympathize with them that they lose a day of work and pay because of a political rally, and I feel bad that there case will get used by both sides in the upcoming election ads.

Until then? They have a job. Their bosses are terrible. I'm not surprised, or appalled. It's one of the things that needs changed in the states employment laws.
I also find this a bit of a strange way of reasoning. This is not about a days of pay or employment in general, this is anti democratic north korea style. If this story is only partly true you as an american should be very very worried. Something we in europe are already for a long time, especially when talking about the republican party. If you are ok with all the lying and religious extremism it is the same kind of apathy a citizen of af ghanistan or north korea shows. I can tell you that, because of the us being a super power, it scares me as european a lot. With the candidates the gop has brought forward the last fifteen years they just show they don't care about anyone else......in other words a big middle finger to the rest of the world.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ohio miners forced to attend Romney rally without pay... - by eppie - 09-10-2012, 04:50 AM