Ohio miners forced to attend Romney rally without pay...
(09-13-2012, 08:47 AM)kandrathe Wrote: It's like New Improved Tide is more expensive per ounce, but counted as less since it's "better".

I hesitate to intrude on the conversation, but I was involved in the manufacture of the new ingredient of "new" Tide. (Though of course the history of Tide is long enough that I suspect there have been many reformulated "new" Tides.)

The issue was big government (the EPA) said phosphates in water were bad for the environment. Tide was required to switch to a lower phosphate formulation. The phosphate replacement we manufactured cleaned clothes just as well as phosphates, but was rather more expensive to produce. The new Tide did not clean any better or taste any better than the old Tide, but it did cause less polution.

Subsequently the government (Reagan) decided that the EPA had been incorrect, and that polution was OK. Phosphate replacements were no longer needed. Tide went back to cheaper old Tide, and I was unemployed.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ohio miners forced to attend Romney rally without pay... - by LavCat - 09-13-2012, 06:15 PM