Ohio miners forced to attend Romney rally without pay...
(09-16-2012, 01:26 AM)Hammerskjold Wrote: Frankly the minute you hauled out your bizarre and fundamentally wrong tech example, I don't know what you are talking about.
I pulled numbers out of the air, because they didn't need to be accurate for my example. Some may have missed what I was trying to explain. It was unclear, so let's move on.

Quote:Look at the real life data first.
I lived through it, you did, and so did most everyone on the Lounge. My bad assumption was that I could I could generalize and give *rough* examples. I didn't feel the examples needed to be accurate to illustrate the point I was attempting to make.

Quote:So with that in mind, please at least consider, what I'm saying. Get. Real.
Yah, zombie apocalypse. That's what I'm talking about. Rolleyes

Here is what credit ratings agency Egan-Jones said on Sept 15th, “[T]he FED’s QE3 will stoke the stock market and commodity prices, but in our opinion will hurt the US economy and, by extension, credit quality. Issuing additional currency and depressing interest rates via the purchasing of MBS does little to raise the real GDP of the US, but does reduce the value of the dollar (because of the increase in money supply), and in turn increase the cost of commodities (see the recent rise in the prices of energy, gold, and other commodities). The increased cost of commodities will pressure profitability of businesses, and increase the costs of consumers thereby reducing consumer purchasing power. Hence, in our opinion QE3 will be detrimental to credit quality for the US….”

When I say "Selling us out for feudalism" -- I mean that what the Fed is doing will rapidly depreciate the value of anything owned, to prop up all those who are horribly in debt in hopes of keeping them from crashing. It is horribly regressive.

And I'm not really thinking medieval feudalism with nobility and vassals -- but rather just a system of land lords, service, rent, and forfeiture. It's a move that further pushes wealth for the slim (1%) further up, and the rest of us further down...

Jester Wrote:To whom would we owe this global debt?
I think you know this. In the US, the government sells off T-bills, and they are held by whomever buys them -- mostly investors, and banking interests around the globe. Who will pay off the investors in these notes?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ohio miners forced to attend Romney rally without pay... - by kandrathe - 09-16-2012, 09:24 AM