When is a red line more of a grey area?
(05-02-2013, 07:03 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: Do we actually know chemical weapons were used? The reports I saw were that tests indicated such chemicals in war victims' systems. If a country had their own agenda, what is to say they would not falsify reports or even seed victims with chemicals to guarantee such test results?
Yes, Syria denies even having chemical weapons, and always has denied ever having them at all. It is in their best interest to make the situation as confusing as is possible. Who me? Not me! I don't even have them. It was them.

This is what I saw Obama say... From UK news...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1nYLS8hC0I

And, it is corroborated by Turkish PM (and Isreal, but I'm discounting them for now as they've a vested interest in dragging us into every Middle East squabble).
Al-Assad uses chemical weapons, says Turkish PM Erdoğan

From what I understand, there are reports that the nerve toxin Sarin gas was used, however in order to "prove it" you must test clothing or soil within 2 to 48 hours depending on the temperature. It degrades rapidly. But, I'd think with autopsies, or video evidence we'd be able to be more confident that something killed a mass of otherwise healthy people who aren't blown up, riddled with bullets or burned.

Now. I think I must view the MP sketch of Denise the repressed peasant yet again.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: When is a red line more of a grey area? - by kandrathe - 05-02-2013, 10:40 PM