Citizen's United II - the other foot
And, really, in a way the contest "cheating" all relate to my original thought which is that I am wary of those who have flexible morality when it comes to winning. If one takes a stand against shark suits, skate blades, Super-PAC money, or performance enhancements, then I feel one should remain consistent to that viewpoint, or clearly explain their flip-flop.

I don't have a problem with super athlete serums in sports, as long as it is accepted by the league, and openly reported. The same transparency in politics would be nice, but money trails and quid pro quo deals are not so easy for the casual voter to unravel and understand. I would think an obvious solution would be to eliminate as much money spent at the federal level as is possible, deferring it to state, or local level, where those closest to the costs/benefits can keep their governments more accountable to the people.

Ironically, it is the big blue states who generally embrace income distribution who hemorrhage federal infrastructure dollars to little conservative red states who profess to not want it.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Citizen's United II - the other foot - by kandrathe - 08-13-2013, 05:08 PM