Draft Tourette's Barbarian Guide: 1.00dr
Merc Choices:

Act I: If you go Mace or Axe and keep Dex Low, she can do immense help to your AR and to Hit with Inner Sight. (Another old favorite skill of mine. :) )

From wiz over at The Basin:

Quote:Spirea's lists an Act 1 merc at level 80 as having level 23 IS. In 1.10 that gives -1016 to enemy defense(!). IS above level 20 ( on characters) goes as follows:
21: -876   22: -936   23: -1016   24: -1095   25: -1176  26: -1255  27: -1335
28: -1416  29: -1515  30: -1615

D2data lists 1.10 Moon Lords as having 1765 defense in Hell; Hell Lister runs about 2000. In 1.09, what little I found suggests that IS is applied before any percentage reductions like Conviction; but still, having a high level Rogue merc with a few +skills items looks very, very useful for folks who are concerned about AR -- and AR is a big issue in 1.10.

Act II mercs:

Too many choices, but I like Defiance and Might so far.

Defiance. Why? Added DR combined with Taunted monster's -AR reduces the number of hits you take in melee.

Might: Faster killing, not always a bad thing, and it helps him leech life much faster, thus keeping him alive.

Blessed Aim: As per the Rogue, AR is handy.

Prayer: I don't see it.

Thorns: Depending on where in the equation new thorns handles damage, it may help speed up monster death, since you will get hit, but given _damage applied to base early, I suspect that it loses it benefit and is suboptimal.

Holy Freeze: Since you already can crowd control most monsters with Taunt, or a quick Leap Attack to get unstuck, Holy Freeze seems handy, but might be best used in HC where Lag Proofing is a concern.

Act III mercs: Add elemental damage to your physical and magical attacks. I am poorly versed in Act III mercs, but since the Tourette's Barb IS the tank, this could be an excellent choice, particularly if the Merc shoots Inferno at a high level. :)

Act V: Bring the monsters to us, Barb Merc bashes, stuns, it is a complementary player who is fighting alongside what amounts to a Tourette's Tank. :) With a mighty enough sword, the Bash and Stun is handy for champs and bosses.

Blessed Aim:
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
Draft Tourette's Barbarian Guide: 1.00dr - by Occhidiangela - 07-24-2003, 09:57 PM
Draft Tourette's Barbarian Guide: 1.00dr - by jms - 08-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Draft Tourette's Barbarian Guide: 1.00dr - by Guest - 12-10-2003, 06:36 PM