New computer build time? Or hold off?
(12-08-2014, 03:44 AM)DeeBye Wrote:
(12-07-2014, 03:42 AM)Lissa Wrote: If power draw isn't an issue, then stick with the old equipment for as long as possible on CPUs/MBs/Memory.

Right now I'm rocking an AMD A10-5700 cpu in an ASUS pre-built (I was low on funds when I had to do an emergency computer replacement - don't judge me!). I want to do a total rebuild. I already have a case, PSU, video card, and I suppose I could reuse the HDD/RAM from my current system for now.

Then all you need is mobo that has what you want (i.e. usb 3.0, pci-ex with sli or crossfire capability, and the processor type you plan on using), extra fans for the case and a good heat-sink for your new processor, and of course a good processor to go along with that, 16-gigs of DDR4+ memory (you should replace it all to the same brand and speed), and at least one video card with 2gb on board ram with good performance ratings - I prefer Nvidia and Intel combo for vid card/processor, but pure AMD combo isn't bad either. Are you sure your PSU has the necessary power outlets to power the newer gen video cards and all your sata devices? Most PSU's under 600w are woefully lacking fyi. Anyway, have fun with your build!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
New computer build time? Or hold off? - by DeeBye - 12-06-2014, 04:08 AM
RE: New computer build time? Or hold off? - by Taem - 12-08-2014, 06:16 PM