New computer build time? Or hold off?
(12-08-2014, 09:07 PM)Taem Wrote: Do you like the ssd? My sons hd crashed recently and he got a ssd for his windows partition, and two 1-tb satas set up as a Raid for storage. Im so jealous, but now he'll never have to worry about data loss from a hd crash.

Absolutely love the SSD. This is my 2nd one (first got fried) and Samsung has added a utility you can run that will monitor its performance and move data if part of it becomes defective/corrupted. I went with 500 GB, but even if you only get entry level (128?) it is well worth the money for a gamer. Diablo 3 loads zones so much more quickly on SSD's (I notice this with other people I play with) and Skyrim hits the disk all the time, so I also appreciate the SSD with it. By the way, I need to give some props to Steam for allowing multiple location installs. I don't care if my son has to use a HDD for Plants vs. Zombies, but I absolutely want Skyrim on the SSD. Steam makes that simple.

I'll also echo the recommendation that you put data on an external backup. I use iDrive and it's about $50/year. In addition to the extra security, it makes recovering from a disaster (lightning strike) very convenient on a new system.
Battletag: Aahzmadius#1570

B.net profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aahzm...570/career

Messages In This Thread
New computer build time? Or hold off? - by DeeBye - 12-06-2014, 04:08 AM
RE: New computer build time? Or hold off? - by Aahzmadius - 12-09-2014, 05:22 PM