New computer build time? Or hold off?
Quote:I never thought of an online drive. Does it do real-time syncing too?

Any cloud storage solution worth considering will auto-sync. I use Google drive myself, as I have multiple android devices that I want synced to my PC, and it gives you 15Gb for free. There are a few paid options if you want more storage than that. Dropbox will also auto-sync between devices for free as well.

(12-09-2014, 05:15 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I'll also just use the retail heatsink, unless someone can suggest to me an aftermarket cooler that is just as easy to install and is a lot quieter.

Have you considered a hydro-cooling solution? I use a Corsair H100i, but even their lower end models will do a much better job than the stock coolers and are quieter. They can be tricky to install if the case isn't roomy however.

(12-09-2014, 05:15 AM)DeeBye Wrote: As for memory - 16GB of DDR4? I'm pretty sure that's overkill, and incredibly way over my budget.

Overkill depends on the usage. I've been running with 32Gb of RAM for a couple of years now, as I quite often have several VMs running simultaneously.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields

Messages In This Thread
New computer build time? Or hold off? - by DeeBye - 12-06-2014, 04:08 AM
RE: New computer build time? Or hold off? - by LennyLen - 12-10-2014, 01:49 AM