New computer build time? Or hold off?
(02-17-2015, 10:06 PM)kandrathe Wrote: That looks awesome. The 3DMark proves it is. :-)

Yeah, I'm fairly happy with the look. I think I would've preferred blue LED fans, but the red ones are growing on me. Now I kind of wish I had a red LED keyboard and mouse to go along with it, but I like my current AZIO keyboard and Logitech G502 mouse too much.

The 3DMark surprised me a little bit. I know I have some horsepower, but I haven't overclocked anything. After hearing how quiet and cool the H60 liquid CPU cooler is though, I might try a mild overclock just to try it out.

The SSD is my favourite. Windows boots in just a few seconds, and everything is responsive. I wish I got a larger one. I might watch out for deals on decently large and fast ones purely for game installs. 120GB is enough for Windows and a few games, but I can see myself running out of room soon enough.

I love that I have a gaming PC that I know will last me for a few years, and has a good upgrade curve.

(02-19-2015, 01:29 AM)Taem Wrote: That Ewok sitting atop the case perfects the setup imo.

I got Wicket as a Christmas present about 15 years ago, and he's always been placed on top of my computer as sort of a good luck charm. The first one he stood on was a Pentium 3 600Mhz machine, and he's stood guard throughout the years. I didn't even turn on my new one until Wicket was in place.

Messages In This Thread
New computer build time? Or hold off? - by DeeBye - 12-06-2014, 04:08 AM
RE: New computer build time? Or hold off? - by DeeBye - 02-19-2015, 02:34 AM