Katy Perry in the aftermath of Manchester
My reality? As if me, you and everyone else has their own abstract reality that they live in, mutually exclusive from one another, like we are all from different planets. This is exactly the fundamental problem of idealism - it is short sighted, convoluted, incomplete, and in many instances, just flat out wrong in its conclusions. Some idealist perspectives also suffer from eclecticism, which can lead to a distorted view of reality or cognitive dissonance.

No, Kandrathe. There is no "my" reality or "your" reality here. There is only the ONE reality that me, you and some 7 billion other human beings live in, comprised of a very specific set of social relations and economic laws that guide human interaction and behavior.

I simply analyze the reality we all live in through a materialist lens, rather than an idealist one. Why? Because material conditions, and not ideas (as impactful as they may be), are what shape the world we live and our social existence within it - as well as our very perception of it. Therefore, following that to its logical conclusion, it only makes sense to use it as a starting point as the road to truth.

It doesn't matter what someone wants to categorize themselves (or someone else) as. Anyone can say I'm this, or that. Or that someone else is this, or that. It doesn't make it so. What does matter, does the hypothesis/assertion/whatever is being stated/claimed, reflect real world material conditions? If not, then that idea or statement should be rejected.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Katy Perry in the aftermath of Manchester - by FireIceTalon - 05-26-2017, 03:59 AM