White nationalist scum kills two people in Portland.
(05-31-2017, 11:38 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: I long for the day when proletarian revolution rids the world of garbage like this. There WILL come a time when commies are killing fashies and white supremacists. For sport no less.
It feels funny to be calling you down from the ledge. But, don't forget that with your reaction, if it mirrors his, makes you no better.

Funnier yet, here I am, quoting Noam Chomsky to you;

"You know, there are a lot of radical left traditions. The ones that made any sense, in my view, were not committed to violence except in self defense. So, if you manage to carry forward significant changes and progressive changes, maybe radical, institutional changes, and you start to function and there is an attack on them by former centers of power, by outside powers and so on, then you defend yourself. As I said, I am not a pure pacifist; I don’t think you should stop defending yourself when you are under attack, but under very special circumstances. "

To put it in context here is a link to it; from Noam Chomsky on Revolutionary Violence, Communism and the American Left Noam Chomsky interviewed by Christopher Helali, Pax Marxista, March 12, 2013

As with Terrorism, the first danger is to allow them to drive you to be the monsters they portray you to be, and second is to not deal with it in a manner that indicates you are weak. The proper response for a just society is swift, and powerfully just.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White nationalist scum kills two people in Portland. - by kandrathe - 06-01-2017, 04:05 PM