Muscle Mages
Quote:1) Eeermmm... first, the most evident one: eeehh.... uuuh...  Any experienced MM in the audience?. Because this is the appropiate forum to look for tips, advice, setups and strategies from one of them... or ain't it?

Sure, it's the right place. I've not played MM extensively, but some Lurkers may have solid advice.

Quote:2) It looks that prefixed jewlery must ALWAYS have suffixes that raise your strenght or HPs (or both...), but what about plain suffixed jewlery?. May I use a ring of plain Dex or of Harmony?

When it comes to interpreting variant rules, we usually say to look for the "spirit" of the variant; the overall concept.

The Muscle Mage prides himself on being tough, and his jewelry isn't "for looks." So, I'd say jewelry lacking +All, +Vit, +Str, or +HP is "just for looks" and not something he'd use.

Quote:3) I can read any scrolls at any time... Does this includes Mana Shield?

The rules specifically prohibit casting MS until after normal D kill. Even thought it says "any scroll at any time," I would interpret the rule to exclude MS, Phase, Telekinesis, Golem, Stone, and Teleport until after the necessary Diablo kills. This places emphasis on MM's "tough" self-image and de-emphasizes magic, which fits with the rest of the variant.

Quote:4) I really don't understand those rules about armor. So you must use armor with strenght requirement. Ok. And it must be 3*clvl or 90, the lower. Ok. But then: "Until a legal suit of armor is found, the aspiring muscle mage may use any non-magical armor. During this time, they must put all level-up points into strength...". Eh?

The quotation refers to just the early part of the Muscle Mage's life, before he finds armor with adequate strength requirement. So, starting out, Muscle Mage can use non-magical Rags, Capes, etc. but must put all level ups into Str. After Muscle Mage finds armor with strength requirement > 3*clvl, he may distribute level-up points as he wishes.

Quote:So, I'm supposed to equip only 3*clvl (45) strenght requirement armor now (or I'm not?), and then, if I would be using armor with less strenght requirement than required, should I throw it when I would reach this clvl?

I always thought the Muscle Mage armor rules were a bit bizarre, especially because they can potentially put the MM in the situation you describe (where he'd throw away his armor). But throwing away your armor makes you weaker, so that doesn't make sense. I believe the intent of the rule was to keep your current armor (even if the str req is lower than 3*clvl) until you find a heavier armor. Once you find heavier armor (and you can equip it), throw away your other armor. Continue to upgrade in this fashion until you're wearing Full Plate.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]

Messages In This Thread
Muscle Mages - by Sr.Juez - 08-30-2003, 09:27 PM
Muscle Mages - by LemmingofGlory - 08-31-2003, 12:02 AM
Muscle Mages - by Drasca - 08-31-2003, 03:04 AM
Muscle Mages - by Rhydderch Hael - 08-31-2003, 03:59 AM
Muscle Mages - by Sr.Juez - 09-03-2003, 10:01 AM
Muscle Mages - by LemmingofGlory - 09-03-2003, 07:37 PM
Muscle Mages - by Sr.Juez - 09-07-2003, 04:08 PM