The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards
It would take too long--verbose as I am--to reply properly to Ferengi and CelticHound... so I won't (sorry). Perhaps, if v1.10 is a lot different from v1.10s, I'll have the time to write up all the nitty gritty rushing details some day (both of you are very close, but evidently slightly off on some particulars). Reading Ferengi's posts here and there along with his note he hasn't played since Xmas causes me to remember just how much has changed in the game (i.e. many tricks you detail in various threads need to be adjusted or just plain no longer work as of v1.10s).

Details, details, details. The devil is in the details and they are changing. For example, it was just noted in the Maggot Lair (v1.10 bugs thread) that many attacks now seem to be handled more like regular attacks. I had been under the impression that Corpse Explosion would just hit, but I can see this isn't true (v1.10s--I don't know how far back) when I test my level 6 Necro with CE on piles of corpses (helpfully supplied by a Rusher) vs. Shenk & co. I would love to know the particulars there. So much testing to do, so little time. Poor Isolde, what a mess this has all been to clean up, eh?

Quote:And I'm severely pissed off at having to throw away over 3 hours of work, but facts are facts: I cannot surpass the regeneration rate of the superuniques in the Chaos Sanctuary.
Er, um, ah, how do I say this gently?... pmh. PMH. ***PMH***, ***PMH***!!!! That is, PMH is a *low level* affix appearing on weapons sold in the act 1 Rogue encampment shops as early as clvl 5 (4?). Some shop in some act, or some gamble is going to offer you a throwing weapon with PMH (of Vileness). Once you tag 'em, they're blaze toast, except for...
Quote: the Vizier being immune to fire
Ouchie. Hadn't thought of that problem with your build. Of course, once it's just you and him and he's PMHed and staticed down to near nothing, it shouldn't be a problem, even so.

Quote:This is Normal difficulty. Bleargh I say.
Well, there, in a nutshell, you have the v1.10 hell difficulty "requirement" for players to use OW/Poison/PMH (unless, by some miracle, the players can actually output megadamage and ignore regen). I like this, myself, as I see it as an additional challenge. But for most player's there should perhaps be an in-game hot-tip pop-up: "We see you're having trouble killing monsters.. do you know about OW/Poison/PMH? Here's a link to the AB and LL forums for more info. Have a nice day."

edit: of course, given the way various things work/don't work vs. bosses/champs/super-uniques/end-act-bosses any desired effect needs actual testing for any given version of D2--in other words, I don't know that PMH works on SUs v1.10s, I'm just guessing it does. For example another thread just pointed out to be that PMH didn't seem applied by javazon Lightning Bolt (although I remember many effects I tested, v1.10beta1, are applied).

Messages In This Thread
The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards - by Crystalion - 09-12-2003, 09:09 PM