The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards
Crystalion,Sep 13 2003, 03:10 AM Wrote:Unfortunately you'll get something that is so good it will have at least clvl 19 as a req, which only makes the suggestion plausible as you said 18 to 20 was a PITA.
Actually I landed a 3 socket brandistok early in the run and had accumulated a few nice gems, and the merc was doing some impressive killing indeed. I gave him a mail I found, but soon removed it as I realized he was more effective with thorns and feeding him pots as a complement of the regular attack.

The problem with those levels is not only that the leveling speed goes down, is that the corresponding areas are not exactly the best ones to level. The arcane sanctuary is not going to give a big oomph with thorns: ghosts seemed unaffected by it, or at least not as much as they should, goatmen are far too slow attacking and by the time they landed hits I have zealed them silly, and vampires are mostly ranged. And the canyon, although potentially good, didn't give me good monster combos (spear cats on all of them, maggots on half, cats + scarabs as well).

That's why I though the assassin might hold her own, since she'll be faster hunting down the baddies and putting a smackdown on them one by one. I'll see it tomorrow.

An act I rogue? I didn't consider it so far because blazie can't really keep a merc, and the thorns paladin works best with a melee sidekick, but it might be worth for the assassin. I'll definitely take a look.

And before I go to bed, 1:37:40 for the untwinked unassisted players 8 blazing sorceress for the 1 -> 20 leveling. I was level 16 by the time I reached Andy. Level rushing in big party games is going to be highly recommended.

Messages In This Thread
The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards - by Walkiry - 09-13-2003, 02:48 AM