The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards
whyBish,Sep 13 2003, 08:00 AM Wrote:For rushing a char to 20:
1 sorc with some static and a pimped up enchant... "Why yes mr necro, your 3 skellies can have 1k fire damage each"... sorc doesn't need to be in the party and/or
pimped up warcry barb donating 8(?) mins or so of BC/BO/Shout, also not required in the party.
Yes, now that enchant is beefy enough to help a Sorc herself, it is rather too tempting for her to help others, especially Necro and Druid summons. However she *does* have to be in the party, at least long enough to do the enchant.

Your bc/bo/shout Barb can be partly replaced by a Call to Arms wearer. A support Barb with pumped Leap is a thing of wonder ("Mommy, mommy... why do all the monsters just stand against rocks and walls throwing their hands up in the air over and over?").

A Bone Prison (sometimes wall) spamming Necro can similarly do some pretty amazing crowd control support (if he does this before the Leap Barb does his thing, then the monsters aren't inconveniently pushed off-screen and the Sorc can now static the whole mess so the rushee can touch them for the kill and xp).

Crazy stuff.

One of the things I hadn't considered before, that is funny and a little bit effective, is my level 1 rushees to act 5 can hire an act 3 *lightning* merc. Because charged bolt is their primary attack and is slvl req 1, they indeed use it right away (whereas the cold a3 merc is just a mime who never does anything to speak of). Of course, because of the silly merc xp leveling cap stuff, you'll probably return to act 3 umpteen times to hire a higher level a3 lightning merc (instead of watching your existing one lag further and further behind your level).

Other things about speeds and methods posted here recently impress me very much... I just don't have anything interesting to add. It might be amusing some time, post-v1.10 release, to have a (up to 8 contestant) great race of LLers in one game, for the added competition (for monsters to kill). Hmm, they should probably be rushed past Andarial first, so the clever (first) person to kill Andy in the GR game doesn't lock all their competition in act1, leaving act2 solely for them.

Messages In This Thread
The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards - by Crystalion - 09-14-2003, 01:17 AM