The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards
Walkiry,Sep 14 2003, 12:57 PM Wrote:We can set up a TCP/IP game if you want and find out :)
[snip of interesting stuff]

Thanks for the offer, but I did a quick test and it seems to work (Sorc/PJavazon Static/Pjav procedure) as far as the xp going to the PJavazon in town, and not to the Sorc. Whether my suggested xp rush is the best one, or even a contender, is up for grabs. Certainly the technique doesn't need fully maxed PJ to work, so points could be saved for other things (I like your use of Lightning Bolt, for example) that don't need tons of points. If you're going for a 25 or 40 rush, then Plague Javalin might be easier at some point, for the nice cloud spread out at point of impact (no longer a need to miss and then mobs walk through the clouds before they poof). Similarly, points in pierce could be helpful.

In the Hidden Features thread we are discussing regen oddities a bit. I now have a wild theory as to why Player's can get psuedo-PMH out of going to town (and why occasionally monsters don't regen even though injured, until you touch them again)... I suspect it is a consequence of some past nerf, when poison used to be long lasting and poison damage uber high by "exploit", such that they wanted to turn off poison shortly after a player went to town, so you couldn't just sleaze the monsters. Since poison application and regen are close together in the code, a nerf affecting one in the past becomes a "nerf" (vs. the unlucky monsters) on the other in the present (e.g. Town Portal, the new "poor man's PMH").

Although it is nice to hear you confirm much of my tentative thinking on stat distribution, it still bugs me a bit... something about not needing or benefiting much from stats for such a simple build that also doesn't need much for equipment seems a little odd. Certainly HPs are the right answer for the Sorc/PJavazon assist, as it would enable you to not have to worry about twinking for DR or resists.

Doh! it just occurred to me that you might in fact want to twink the PJavazon... MF to the moon (to help get those unique drops that are good enough to want to upgrade them to exc or elite). Hmm. Seems like a big win for the method to me.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits

Messages In This Thread
The Great Race; a proposal for "Khalim" awards - by Crystalion - 09-15-2003, 03:22 AM