Draft Tourette's Barbarian Guide: 1.00dr
Zath,

Oh, date Aug 18.

Since I haven't seen a never (or as well made) post on this I think this one deserves updating. I apologize if anything of this is redundant, as you might of learned a lot since (probably more than me).

Quote:My guess is that any monters without a "att1/att2?" check in their "monai.txt" entry can only use their A1 attacks when taunted

That file is only an (uncompleted and then in Blizzard sense most likely inaccurate) explanation of their different AI's.

Quote:The El*Pct field here determines how often an A1/A2 attack's damage (in general, not restricted to missiles) will also carry elemental damage of type El*Type (defaults to physical). The result of that calculation is then multiplied by the El*(MinD/MaxD) fields to find the base minimum and base maximum elemental damage dealt. Once that is done, we look up the actual missile in "missiles.txt" and check its SrcDamage to see if we need to further modify the base minimum and base maximum damage.

I apologize if I missunderstood what you said, but you didn't mention the MonLVL.txt final modification with damage. From my Gloam tests the dm column there modified the elemental damages too (MonStats*MonLVL/1000).

Quote:From what I could see in "missiles.txt" however, all the missiles of relevance had SrcDamage=128 (full damage)

Ah, I was going to correct you, since "SrcDamage only affects how much the weapon damage is added to the missile", but since the weapon damage is most likely counted as the MonStats.txt (elemental) damage this seems to be correct.

This is also the major reason people thought Gloams did physical damage with their missile, since SrcDamage was at 128, but there's more to it than just assuming SrcDamage>0 = physical damage attack, since for example the missile can transform that damage to another type (like Vengeance), or ignore it even (which was the reason the super damage theories were horribly wrong).

Quote:Swarms (it just says "swarm move", most probably a decorative skill)

I'm quite sure this controls the animation of them when moving, as you might of noticed they don't "turn". That goes into "decorative", yeah . . .

[Edit] dm not dmg.

Messages In This Thread
Draft Tourette's Barbarian Guide: 1.00dr - by jms - 08-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Draft Tourette's Barbarian Guide: 1.00dr - by Guest - 12-10-2003, 06:36 PM