The First Offensive! It has happened!
Hail Rhydderch,

"Brought me back to some Gulf War flashbacks where my favorite danged TV shows get pre-empted for news."

I myself am looking like suffering that fate soon. I have been informed that the final of the ICC (Cricket) World Cup is not going to be on TV because there shall be war updates (ODI Matches like this take all day to play, so if we are not getting it...it's a whole day of war BS). I have been waiting FOUR YEARS for this event. WORLD RECORDS have already been set, and are expected to be broken in the match. The two greatest forces in world Cricket are coming against each other for the first time in three years - and they have scores to settle after the last time - and it'll not be on because we are going to get some fuzzy image feed of Americans blowing up Iraqi civilians. Yay!

Now, those that know me know that I am a fanatical Cricket follower: I put Cricket before EVERYTHING else in my life, so this is about the worst form of terrorism for me. In all seriousness, if some terrorists were to blow up the building I am in this very moment, and I were either killed or left severely debilitated, it would not upset me as much as missing out on one of the biggest events in Cricket. Damn it, I just know that Sachin Tendulkar is going to go out there and give the best performance of batting seen since The Don himself was walking out to the crease. Brett Lee is going to bowl some swinging thunderbolts that threaten serious injury, or exciting Cricket. If Australia wins, they'll be the first nation to win three times; if they lose, India's victory shall be one of the biggest events in world Cricket for decades to come.

But no, we have to watch a jet drop a bomb on a building. Gee, that says a lot about us as a civilisation, doesn't it? Zimbabwe has a leader that is cauing civil distress; we sent our Cricket team and watched it. Iraq is quite similar, and we send soldiers...again we watch it. Both, in my opinion, are wrong, but I am sure you can work out which I feel is the greater wrong.

*goes of muttering to himself*
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.

Messages In This Thread
The First Offensive! It has happened! - by Dani - 03-20-2003, 05:57 AM
The First Offensive! It has happened! - by Elric of Grans - 03-20-2003, 06:01 AM
The First Offensive! It has happened! - by Roland - 03-20-2003, 08:56 AM
The First Offensive! It has happened! - by Nystul - 03-20-2003, 09:52 AM
The First Offensive! It has happened! - by pakman - 03-20-2003, 05:17 PM
The First Offensive! It has happened! - by Dani - 03-21-2003, 01:02 AM
The First Offensive! It has happened! - by --Pete - 03-21-2003, 01:15 AM
The First Offensive! It has happened! - by Dani - 03-21-2003, 01:51 AM
The First Offensive! It has happened! - by Dani - 03-22-2003, 12:11 AM
The First Offensive! It has happened! - by Dani - 03-26-2003, 07:52 AM
The First Offensive! It has happened! - by Jester - 03-26-2003, 11:17 PM
The First Offensive! It has happened! - by Dani - 03-27-2003, 07:59 AM