Ironman to hell?
Hi,

I'm not exactly sure what you are playing. You're not playing ironman if "I am saving, it's not like I only have one life". That's probably the hardest thing about ironman, that you only have as many lives as scrolls of resurrect that you find. And that's always been a fundamental rule of ironman.

Now, part of what you are saying sounds like Living Off the Land variant. You don't use town services, but you can restart in town. However, since you are playing the PlayStation, I think that means you don't restart in town, but rather have saved games like in single player.

Whatever you are doing, if you find it fun, go for it. I don't know about monster speed on the PlayStation, but if it uses the single player stats, then the monsters are wimps compared to multi. So, yes it should be doable.

As to the magic for healing, that's a game by game call. I've had Ironman games where I never got a Book of Healing. Not much sense putting points into magic with a warrior if that happens. OTOH, if you luck out and get a couple of books or more, it makes life a lot easier. In Ironman groups, the mage gets first dibs on the blues, and when he's dead, the rogue gets them. So in those cases, I prefer not to put any points in magic for the warrior.

Whatever it is that you're playing, have fun :)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Messages In This Thread
Ironman to hell? - by Tim - 05-04-2004, 01:55 AM
Ironman to hell? - by --Pete - 05-04-2004, 02:13 AM
Ironman to hell? - by Tim - 05-05-2004, 12:25 AM
Ironman to hell? - by Darcia - 05-08-2004, 03:59 PM
Ironman to hell? - by Tim - 05-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Ironman to hell? - by --Pete - 05-11-2004, 04:37 AM