.. When you just can't manage to stay away :)
[ Wrote:Angel,May 6 2004, 02:53 PM] 1. I've played a shapeshifter before. I want to try something new.

2. I'm more of a "stand back and throw nasty things on people"-kind of guy than a "get in their face and smash it real good"-person.

--

Those of you who've played an elemental druid, which elemental skills should I stick with? Do I need summonables?
Hi

I have played both 'types' of elemental druid in v1.10.

And even within those two types - the Fire Druid and the Wind Druid, there are differing ways one can go.

Fire Druid:

If you prefer the 'stand back and throw nasty things on monsters', then I would eschew Armageddon, as you do have to approach the monsters to make it land on them.

But you can still spend points on Fissure and Volcano as your main spells, with synergy points in Firestorm and Molten Boulder. I like Fissure a lot. :)

Wind Druid:

Hurricane also requires you to approach the monsters, but they are slowed considerably by the effects of the spell. Tornado hits the Cold Immunes hard and synergizes your Hurricane to boot.

This build requires less points because Cyclone Armour is a synergy for Hurricane. This allows you to fully synergize your Wind spells more easily.

Both builds are augmented nicely by Oak Sage. I have a point in Grizzly with both of them, although there are frustrating moments when the Grizzly knocks a monster off the Volcano and I cannot re-cast it right away due to the spell timer.

For the Fire Druid, you don't need a lot of points in Dexterity because you stand back from the action, so you can spend more in Vitality. For the Wind Druid, I would advocate spending points in Dexterity for blocking.

YMMV, but I have had a lot of fun with both builds.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Messages In This Thread
.. When you just can't manage to stay away :) - by Guest - 05-06-2004, 07:15 PM
.. When you just can't manage to stay away :) - by ShadowHM - 05-06-2004, 08:21 PM