My car is still all kinds of awesome
I recently posted about how my very old car is in incredible shape, and I'm here to add another bragging notch in my fan belt.

I'm the very proud owner of a 1987 Toyota Camry. It's in very good shape. I bought it off my grandfather last year, and he was very anal about keeping his car in tip-top condition. When I took possesion of the car, it had less than 100,000 kilometers on it and not a spot of rust.

I plan on taking my 17 year old Camry on a bit of an extended road trip next weekend, so I wanted to be sure it was prepared for the journey. I made an appointment with my local Toyota dealership to have the oil changed and an in-depth maintenance check done on it.

I fully expected my Camry to have required some maintenance. After all, it's 17 years old. I also figured that the maintenance department would have looked "extra hard" for something wrong with my car to nessecitate a few hundred dollars worth of repairs.

I was blown away when the report came back to me. There is nothing wrong with my car. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

To quote the service tech, "It's in perfect condition". My car has never had any major engine work done, and the most costly repair performed was a brake job a couple of years ago. The Toyota service guy sees no reason why my car won't last me another 10 years.

I'm not quite sure what the point of this post is. I definitely want to brag about my car, but I'm also wondering if anyone else has had amazing luck with cars.

[Image: deebyescar.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
My car is still all kinds of awesome - by DeeBye - 05-30-2004, 05:14 AM
My car is still all kinds of awesome - by Munkay - 05-30-2004, 05:37 AM
My car is still all kinds of awesome - by Munkay - 05-30-2004, 06:32 AM
My car is still all kinds of awesome - by NiteFox - 05-30-2004, 02:19 PM