How I believe GA and pierce should work together
Well, if you try to explain it physically, then there is one glaring gap that makes this whole "physical possibility and impossibility argument" useless.

Think PVP and our friendly boss Diablo. In both you will encounter something called shields, which apparently are supposed to stop arrows (really?) and such dead in their tracks, or at least bounce them off.

So, there is one big problem in this wonderful picture that you painted in the defense of piercing GA. If the person blocked the GA, it will pierce the shield and without magically hurting the person (!) it will continue around and try to hit him again. Sheer impossibility.

Imagine: you spot an incoming Guided Arrow heading for you, so you put up your shield between you and the arrow. The arrow pierces the shield, then continues THROUGH you, the intended target, ignoring the fact that it could simply hit you right there, and comes out on the other side!

Now you might say, "well it's actually GA not hitting the target, but bouncing off the shield and trying again, it just doesn't look right on our screens". To which I say, what does bouncing has to do with pierce? Maybe they should make a new skill "bounce" then?

~lem.

Messages In This Thread
How I believe GA and pierce should work together - by lemekim - 04-04-2003, 04:37 PM