Blown away by Customer Service
Griselda,Dec 6 2004, 03:21 AM Wrote:Kitchen Aid! :)  I got a Kitchen Aid mixer a few years back.  It's the kind that you can add all sorts of attachments to.  About 11 months after I got the mixer (it has a 1-year warranty), I got the first attachment for it- a veggie slicer and cheese grater.  It sorta worked, except that the thing would fall off (spinning blade and all) once you put any pressure on it.  I thought I must be using it incorrectly, but I finally figured out that the hole in my mixer where you're supposed to add attachments must have been just a little bit too shallow.

I called Kitchen Aid, and the *first* thing they did was send me out a new mixer.  They told me to pack the defective one into the nex mixer's box, and UPS came back a few days later and picked that one up.  I guess they just refurbished that one (I hope they didn't just toss the thing, anyway, since the mixing part worked fine).

I didn't have to leave the house, pay a cent, or spend a single day without a working mixer.

One problem with build-your-own computers is that you end up at the mercy of many different companies, all with their own return policies, if something goes wrong.  Even if 80% of the companies you buy from have good return policies, you know it's the other 20% of the parts that are going to break on you!  :angry:
[right][snapback]62024[/snapback][/right]

Those Kitchen-Aid Mixers are friggin amazing. We use ours to mash potatos, make fig stuffing for cookies or shape italian cookies, and put sausage meat into casings among other things. And we've had ours since before we moved down to Florida...I think the thing is almost as old as I am...and still running like its brand new.

As for build-your-own computers and returs...well Best Buy is always a good place to go to return anything and everything you might need. I know thats what I did when I burned out my harddrive after switching out my cases.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"

Messages In This Thread
Blown away by Customer Service - by Munkay - 12-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Blown away by Customer Service - by Armin - 12-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Blown away by Customer Service - by Wyrm - 12-06-2004, 01:39 AM
Blown away by Customer Service - by Copadope - 12-06-2004, 05:06 AM
Blown away by Customer Service - by Munkay - 12-06-2004, 05:19 AM
Blown away by Customer Service - by Griselda - 12-06-2004, 07:21 AM
Blown away by Customer Service - by Urza-DSF - 12-06-2004, 08:15 AM
Blown away by Customer Service - by jahcs - 12-06-2004, 07:16 PM