I'm new. Yes, new. Please enlighten me.
Hello everyone. I'm new to Diablo II. Yes, new. I have a few questions, but first I'll briefly explain what relatively little experience I do have to avoid some possible confusion and, well, introduce myself to this forum.

I've played the first 5 quests about 25 times (clvl14-18 each time) in an effort to find a character and build to my liking. I've found some. Using different Barbs, I've reached quests 3-5 in Act II a few times. Using different Necros, I've reached Act III 2-3 times. I've been as far as normal Diablo (Necro), but decided to start over due to poor (but viable) SP allocation (among less significant things) which, as I had found, would've resulted in a very tedious battle. Too tedious. And my level was too high to fix that. In all of those cases I quit due to the fact that I was reaching relatively high levels, but with poor SP allocation. It's faster to just start anew than continue on after poorly spending anywhere from 5-15 points, anyway.

Is the color of any item's text (aside from white text and Rares) different due to the presence of Sockets or Etherealness, whether the Sockets were created or existed upon drop? (Can an item be made Ethereal?) I had a tough time articulating that :). The reason why I'm asking is because I'd like to avoid standard Socketed and Ethereal drops to save a lot of time. I have received exactly 1 double-Socketed Rare since I've been playing, so I'm only sure about Rares and the usual. It's better to be safe than sorry.

I play offline because while my computer is very nice, it's obsolete. The game runs great offline, but online it slows when I engage large groups, and then goes turbo speed for a moment to make up for the pause. It's not that bad, so it can be funny at times. The chop is mainly due to the processor, everything else is sufficient. It's not really that bad, but I can live without Battle.net for awhile. (I've played at least about 4700 games of Brood War since 2000.)

I'm aware of the vulnerabilities and issues with items on Open Battle.net, but was wondering how useful it can be for trading.

I think this is a very solid website, BTW. So, to Bolty in particular and all great contributors, great job! The work shows.

Thanks for your time.

Messages In This Thread
I'm new. Yes, new. Please enlighten me. - by Donquonz - 01-13-2005, 01:04 AM
I'm new. Yes, new. Please enlighten me. - by Wyrm - 01-18-2005, 12:47 AM