pls advise me with good reasons
Quote:Woah, you are going out of the way to be polite here. I *do* often join the low act questing games to level, but I just begin playing without asking if I'm welcome. They made a "public" game. If you want to restrict it to friends, use a password. If you want to limit people playing in higher acts, use level restrictions. If someone asks me without cursing, I'd certainly leave. But most of the time no words are exchanged at all. Though I do usually help other players with act bosses if asked (I refuse to rush people, but will often help them with the bosses if they can get there by themselves).

In all honesty, that is also my everyday experience. I by all means don't always ask...but when somebody complains...unless they are being extremely impolite, I leave without as much as a whimper. ;-)

As to helping...yes, I've done a few rushes. Yes, I've even sometimes, when a person asked politely from the start, even gone to lengths as going shopping for them in later act, or even picking up items that were worthless for me and delivering them back to earlier acts unasked.

I have also at times been extremely unhelpful and egomaniac. I claim both, being helpful and being selfish, to be my inherent rights as an individual, so long as by being selfish, I do not harm others (...any more than I would harm myself by not being selfish).

On a note on the original topic and to the original poster:

Please take the time to use proper capitalization of words. People around this forum really put value in well readable forum postings. And while I might use similar language in other places, you will find that other Lurkers will be much more helpful and more readily available for counsel if they get the impression that you take some effort and time in asking them for help (and thus in turn requesting from them that they sacrifice part of their time in your favor).

That said, have fun playing your sorceress. And remember: a "ruined" build is not the end, but rather the beginning of a "better" next try.

Messages In This Thread
pls advise me with good reasons - by Griselda - 01-02-2005, 10:17 AM
pls advise me with good reasons - by Griselda - 01-02-2005, 06:05 PM
pls advise me with good reasons - by lfd - 01-04-2005, 11:06 AM
pls advise me with good reasons - by Zingydex - 01-05-2005, 10:59 PM
pls advise me with good reasons - by Zingydex - 01-07-2005, 03:45 PM
pls advise me with good reasons - by Baajikiil - 01-07-2005, 05:33 PM
pls advise me with good reasons - by Arnath - 01-09-2005, 03:26 PM
pls advise me with good reasons - by Len Darker - 01-13-2005, 11:24 AM
pls advise me with good reasons - by Baajikiil - 01-13-2005, 12:40 PM
pls advise me with good reasons - by Len Darker - 01-13-2005, 04:21 PM