The hunter's Ranged Weapon Specialization talent
savaughn,Apr 5 2005, 06:24 PM Wrote:If 5 talent points = 1% better sustained damage and I can get 50 talent points (improving overall damage by 10%) - damage that is sustained and improved by crits, etc., I'd describe the results as perfect rather than pathetic.  That's actually right in line with the rest of the hunter's talents.  Improve Hunter's Mark gives an extra 16AP and Improved AoH gives an additional 22AP.  If 12AP = 1DPS (not sure where I heard that, so that may be wrong) then you're looking at 1.74DPS for RWS, 1.83DPS for IAoH, and 1.33DPS for IHM at end game.  Sure, the burst damage increases are much lower than, say, a Fire Mage's skill tree, but then this damage is constant and continuous, besting the equivalent Mage in a long end game encounter such as an MC boss.

WoW game design understands the benefits of working in incremental benefits.
[right][snapback]73111[/snapback][/right]
First, that still doesn't account for my comment that the two crit related talents improve overall DPS by a much better margin than a higher-tiered talent, which doesn't seem right at all.

Second, saying that RWS is "right in line with the rest of the hunter's talents" and then comparing it to two other bad talents (in the talent trees of what is arguably the most unfinished class) is not very convincing.

Messages In This Thread
The hunter's Ranged Weapon Specialization talent - by savaughn - 04-05-2005, 05:59 PM
The hunter's Ranged Weapon Specialization talent - by savaughn - 04-06-2005, 12:24 AM
The hunter's Ranged Weapon Specialization talent - by playingtokrush - 04-06-2005, 09:43 AM
The hunter's Ranged Weapon Specialization talent - by savaughn - 04-06-2005, 10:42 PM
The hunter's Ranged Weapon Specialization talent - by savaughn - 04-08-2005, 04:16 PM