Man arrested at Best Buy for using $2 bills
ShadowHM,Apr 12 2005, 03:00 PM Wrote:You are probably right about the reasonability of such a rule, given how porous the Canadian borders seem to be.    :(
[right][snapback]73723[/snapback][/right]

As a youngster I always used to live in "border towns". As a result, my family would quite often visit the US. Back then, the unfettered ability for US/Canadian citizens to freely cross the border was something everyone praised. No other neighbouring countries in the world were as friendly as the US and Canada, so we saw no reason why we couldn't enjoy an open door policy.

Now, instead of using the term "open border" we use the term "porous border". Instead of making it easy for friendly neighbours to visit each other we are making it tougher. At this rate in another 20 years or so we'll have a giant wall manned with armed guards stretching along the 49th parallel. This makes me sad :(

I absolutely understand and agree with the reasons behind tightening up border crossing procedures, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

edit: yeah, this thread was derailed pretty badly. Best Buy and Canada/US border crossings have nothing to do with each other :huh:

Messages In This Thread
Man arrested at Best Buy for using $2 bills - by DeeBye - 04-13-2005, 01:29 AM