Priests. Why we are so ..umm.. difficult.
Bolty,May 5 2005, 08:21 AM Wrote:Like the Paladin who casts Blessing of Might on my Priest, or the players that insist that sending everyone in on the same target is a good strategy, leaving the Priest to get pounded the moment they heal anyone - WTF?
[right][snapback]76346[/snapback][/right]

Explain this one more please. Pretty much all I have ever done in an instance is main tank or main heal. I have main tanked with a paladin, a hunter, and a warrior and main healed with a priest, a druid and a paladin. We have pretty much always used focus fire tactics, knocking off one mob at a time and I have pretty much never seen the healer draw aggro from anything except an add that sees the healer before it sees something else. There have been a few boss fights where the main tank was getting hurt enough that the heals alone were enough to pull aggro but that has happened very rarely.

Now when people are spreading damage to several different mobs and more than just the main tank has gotten hurt I have seen heals draw aggro. If the main tank hasn't used any AoE aggro generators or put a hit on the other mobs I've seen that pull aggro to the healer but that is usually the tank messing up. I see aggro go to the mages or warlocks doing AoE damage too early a lot more often than I see it go to the healer.

I'm hoping you are just talking about the MT not locking aggro well enough on mobs otherwise I'm very confused or have been very lucky for my dozens of instance runs.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
Priests. Why we are so ..umm.. difficult. - by Kevin - 05-06-2005, 01:34 AM
Priests. Why we are so ..umm.. difficult. - by savaughn - 05-06-2005, 05:27 PM