Well, my CPU gave me a good run...
As some of you know, I've been having intermittent problems with my computer I game on. I thought I had finally figured out what was wrong as it looked like my CMOS had lost it's settings and reverted to a slower setting for my CPU and my CPU didn't like that. Saturday morning, I put the CMOS back to the correct settings and the computer ran flawlessly up until midnight eastern on Sunday. At which point, it locked up one last time and then wouldn't restart. I've tried switching every component in the computer with the one I'm typing on now to no avail. I can also tell that the MB is actually fine because I can see it trying to post, but certain things, video and SCSI controller, require the CPU to be alive to function and they are not (signs that the MB is working is my onboard devices, IDE DVD-ROM, FD, and NIC are lighting up and running through standard post checks and indicator lights on the MB show green).

So, I'm not going to be around for a few days until I can get a replacement CPU here. I need to check around town to see if anyone has a socket 478 2.8 Processor that has a FSB of 533. More likely I will need to order across the internet and that may take more time. Here's hoping I can find something in town for a reasonable price.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.

Messages In This Thread
Well, my CPU gave me a good run... - by Lissa - 05-09-2005, 04:57 AM
Well, my CPU gave me a good run... - by Lissa - 05-10-2005, 04:41 AM
Well, my CPU gave me a good run... - by Quark - 05-10-2005, 05:06 AM
Well, my CPU gave me a good run... - by Lissa - 05-13-2005, 12:01 AM
Well, my CPU gave me a good run... - by Ruvanal - 05-13-2005, 12:35 AM
Well, my CPU gave me a good run... - by Lissa - 05-13-2005, 03:06 AM
Well, my CPU gave me a good run... - by Munkay - 05-13-2005, 04:47 AM