Questions about Stealth, Prowling and Shadowmelt
As a Druid I have recently "discovered" the usefullness of prowling arround in cat form. Since I am also a Night Elf, I have this thing called shadowmelt. This has lead me to wonder a bit about all this and how it really works. So here are some questions tossed out.

What it the mechanics of "stealth" (in whatever form you get it) and do different forms have any differences? For example, if I prowl, how do that affect monster detection about me? Does it just decrease their detection radius? Is the radius the same but they have a smaller chance to detect me? Is it checked once or every second or something else? Looking at rogues and others with it, they can appear and dissapear at random intervalls, indicating to me it is a regulary checked thing. Does it work the same for monsters? Can any monster detect you or only some? Anything else to add?

How does skills improving it really effect things discussed in the previous question?

Is there any difference between standing still and walking while in prowl mode? Does it affect chance of detection?

How does shadowmelt come into play? The pop up text claims it should work together for rogues and druids, however, once in cat form, I can't activate shadowmelt, at least not while prowling.

If I want to hide, what is best, go into shadowmelt or go into prowl in bear form? What about with skills improving it?

How does the prowling of a Druid compare to that of a rogue, I would guess it is worth but can one quantify it somehow, puting some numbers on it or something?

Anything of interest that I missed?
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.

Messages In This Thread
Questions about Stealth, Prowling and Shadowmelt - by Jarulf - 07-01-2005, 09:54 AM