Questions about Stealth, Prowling and Shadowmelt
Quote:What it the mechanics of "stealth" (in whatever form you get it) and do different forms have any differences?
As far as I know, all three base stealth forms are identical. Shadowmeld places a restriction that doesn't allow you to move and prowl requires cat form.
Quote:Is the radius the same but they have a smaller chance to detect me? Is it checked once or every second or something else?
For monsters without ignore stealth or detect hidden the radius is considerably reduced. Monster stealth detection range is a longer frontal cone with less range to their sides and behind. Stealth checks seem to be different between monsters and players.

Monsters appear to have a set minimum detection range (depending on level difference and other stealth modifiers) and then a small range of variance where stealth rolls are applied.

For players there doesn't seem to be the range of variance and the check is applied in regular intervals.
Quote:How does skills improving it really effect things discussed in the previous question?
Different monsters have different stealth detection ranges. Your stealth level is compared to the monster detection level to determine the range of checks. Skills improving stealth will improve your effective stealth level.
Quote:How does shadowmelt come into play? The pop up text claims it should work together for rogues and druids, however, once in cat form, I can't activate shadowmelt, at least not while prowling.
On the Blizzard forums, CMs and developers have posted that shadowmeld will apply a slight passive bonus to your stealth level when you use prowl/stealth.
Quote:How does the prowling of a Druid compare to that of a rogue, I would guess it is worth but can one quantify it somehow, puting some numbers on it or something?
Without any other modifiers, I believe a X level prowling night elf druid has the same stealth level as a X level stealthed night elf rogue.

Messages In This Thread
Questions about Stealth, Prowling and Shadowmelt - by acidjax - 07-04-2005, 04:28 AM