Damagemeters/CombatStats/Recall/etc: good or bad?
Mavfin,Jul 18 2005, 01:21 PM Wrote:One comment on this....my protection warrior almost always ends up #2 or 3 in raids in damage taken, even though I *know* she tanked well, because of one thing:  her damage reduction is so much higher than the (usually) rogues who end up higher than her, that she may have soaked up more mob damage than those rogues, but still didn't *show* as taking so much.  Also with approx 16/11/16 block/dodge/parry and 404 defense skill, she's also simply avoiding a lot of hits, but still tanking the mobs.  The numbers can't always show the right things.
[right][snapback]83721[/snapback][/right]
I still see a warrior taking more damage, as aggro on nearly all mobs nearly all the time is much more damage (mitigation included) than aggro on 1 at time for a fraction of the fight. Unless they are very good and things are very desperate, there isn't any reason for them to have aggro on many targets, but most likely they are trying to come out on top of the damage done list and pushing too hard at times. I'd fault the rogues here rather than the main tank.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight

Messages In This Thread
Damagemeters/CombatStats/Recall/etc: good or bad? - by bonemage - 07-21-2005, 05:24 PM