Damagemeters/CombatStats/Recall/etc: good or bad?
I used to love damage meters. Seeing your name the top really makes your epeen huge :). At least I liked damage meters until I started going into endgame content. Suddenely everything was about damage. I've seen a rogue get 100k more heals than the next closest and finish first in damage and still be applauded O_O. I've stopped usingstening to any sort of recap unless it's just some 10 man instance for fun... they just put an unfair burden on damage dealers in my opinion. People are ridiculed about it... people can be treated with a more ceclebrity status and it's just lame. Not like we go up to the top healers on healing recap and say "WHY THE HELL DID I DIE" whenever we go down.

That being said I do also think they breed sloppy or risky play. While encouraging rogues/mages to find new ways to hit hard and survive can lead to better knowledge of aggro mnagement... it just can be too risky... especially on a boss fight (there is at least one fight in the game where if a rogue/mage steals aggro it's complete and utter game over).
MaxPower#1485 60 SC Barb/32 HC Witch Doctor/22 HC Wizard/17 HC Demon Hunter

Messages In This Thread
Damagemeters/CombatStats/Recall/etc: good or bad? - by NotSoDarklord - 07-22-2005, 08:45 AM