Complete lack of any AI for the monsters
Quote:"convert damage and healing to aggro and have the monster attack whoever has done the most"
That is true for most of the PVE "getting to 60" game. I think it was crucial for people to learn to play their class and develop dependable solo-able strategies within casual play, with occasional pick-ups to tackle elites, instances, and outdoor bosses. I think there are some other things that are interesting, like when Raptors scream for help causing adds.

In the high level instances you see new AI phenomena, for example, a boss will knock back your tank out of the bosses aggro radius efffectively zeroing it, and the boss heads for the healers (uh, oh!). Or, some mobs in Molten Core, have a hate list but randomly choose a secondary target and charge it (with a bowling pin effect for anyone around you), then rubber band back to whomever they were attacking before. This new AI means that the players must create new tactics and strategies for dealing with them. I've heard that BWL is yet another set of tactical challenges.

So I look at PVE WOW as two games, the "getting to 60" game, and the "what do I do now that I'm 60" game.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Complete lack of any AI for the monsters - by kandrathe - 08-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Complete lack of any AI for the monsters - by savaughn - 09-01-2005, 09:33 PM