Complete lack of any AI for the monsters
Arnulf,Aug 31 2005, 02:08 PM Wrote:(emphasis by me)

There is proof -- in the form of videos -- that..

• <>
  • 15 paladins doing UBRS and killing General Drakkisath (barely)

<>
  • 15 hunters doing UBRS (including Drakkisath)

<>
  • 15 priests(!) doing UBRS (including Drakkisath)

<>
    [st]
    I'm just waiting for the other 6 classes..
    [right][snapback]87764[/snapback][/right]

It also has been done by 15 warriors. BUT. It also has been done by 4 people with a balanced group. So in a way, it actually shows a counterpoint - that it is THAT much more difficult for an unbalanced group to accomplish things, and herein lies part of the problem.

As long as there is a "healer", "tank" and "dps" classes, hybrids will be delegated to merely a support class, because while you can balance encounters to be doable by these hybrid classes, then the "trinity" group would be able to simply breeze through them.

As Jarluf said, I still think people are locked too much into the current system of thinking. Remember Diablo? Sure, the fighting system in that game was far from perfect, but it did not rely on the "trinity" - you did not need healers or tanks. The diversity in part was enforced through implementation of immunities and very high resists. Supposedly City of Heroes also had a system which did not require the "trinity". So it does show that you can have a totally different, workable fighting system.

Messages In This Thread
Complete lack of any AI for the monsters - by lemekim - 08-31-2005, 02:31 PM
Complete lack of any AI for the monsters - by savaughn - 09-01-2005, 09:33 PM