Stormrage Social Contract for Tal's Raids
Last night's run on UBRS was exceedingly successful. We got three members of the Avarice Alliance blooded for more healing/dps in Onyxia. We also obtained another means of fear ward for Onyxia phase three which is VERY good.

But honestly I'm surprised that we managed to drop the General with the way that people in raid one were playing. Oh this isn't to say that I had no confidence in the healers or my offtank Dragoon. They all did their job to perfection. I certainly couldn't have pullled nearly as well without Quark's scouting and excellent use of distract. The big problem is that people were not paying ANY attention to raid chat.

Mistakes happen in this game. That is a certainty. But when the raid leader says "Stay back until we call you forward." The expectation is that folks will stay back. I shouldn't at that point be staring at anyone's back with the exception of the people designated for the pull. When someone runs forward to intercept a mob that is incoming you are not doing your job. Whats more is when you start to take damage early on the healers will heal you, possibly drawing aggro before I can even lock down the mobs. As a result the priest ends up face down damn quick and I'm left to scramble with Dragoon to lock mobs down.

I realize that many of us have been to UBRS so often that we can run it in our sleep. I also realize that folks like to have fun in UBRS so spirits run high. But not at the expense of doing our jobs. I shouldn't have to spend the entirety of the run seething in anger just so people in the raid can goof off. I view it as a personal failing if someone dies on my raids because I feel I let them down as a tank. Its all the more frustrating when you're the raid leader and that person died because people weren't following the raid instructions.

I titled my thread "Social Contract" for a reason. In exchange for members of the raid doing the following:

Let me designate a puller or be the puller.
Let me call for what CC I want - I'm starting to see the value of hibernate/traps and to be able to work with them. But its still something I'm learning and isn't needed for every pull.
Listen to instructions in raid chat.

I promise I will:
Distribute loot fairly and evenly across the board.
Treat you with respect and fairness - no yelling.
Speak with you privately if there are things you are doing that are contrary to instructions in raid chat.

I will make every effort to communicate issues with members of the raid. People that continually ignore instructions, however, will be removed from the raid.

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Stormrage Social Contract for Tal's Raids - by Tal - 10-16-2005, 04:07 PM