Old Ironforge Lives
Actually the Old Iron Forge was still open to players at the start of retail. There was passage on the north side of the kings current chamber that took you through a long sloped circular passage (like some of those in Sunken Temple) down to the level of Old Iron Forge. This access point was sealed up at some point, but as ima_nerd noted there were some ways to get around even that for a period of time.

I would guess that it is still at that same position as it was at the start of the retail, but just better sealed than it was then. I am not sure, but I think that the GMs had gotten tired of trying explain what that area was about and having to help players that got stuck down there. The lighting was extreamly poor in spots and in one spot where the lighting was very bad, there was also a bad section of flooring. At that section, it was very extreamly difficult for gnomes and dwarves to cross that spot in the direction required to head back up stairs. I recall having spent at least 10 minutes there doing running jumps with Littledude to finally cross that point so I could get back up to the top. With some stuff like that there, it is just easier to seal it off rather than fix it; till they are ready to use that area for what they have invisioned for its use.

Messages In This Thread
Old Ironforge Lives - by Bolty - 12-12-2005, 02:11 PM
Old Ironforge Lives - by ima_nerd - 12-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Old Ironforge Lives - by Ruvanal - 12-12-2005, 09:14 PM