The French revolutions of 1789 and 1848
Hello

I was wondering if any of you might be able to help me with a little school-related work. I attend a junior college where I take a course called History foundation course and I am to write an essay on the revolutions of 1789 and 1848 in France.

The problem is as follows:
"A comparison between the revolutionary in the revolutions of 1789 and 1848 in France."

Obviously, I will be doing most of the work myself, but I thought I'd ask to pick your brains for some thoughts before moving on.

I've decided to start by defining "revolution" and "revolutionary" in order to better be able to extract the core revolutionary aspects of the two events, as I'm not supposed to compare the two revolutions, but the revolutionary aspects of them.

1. How would -you- define "revolution"?

----

When doing this kind of work it's difficult to get lost in a vast sea of information. It can be hard to find an outline of the "main events", as most articles and journals tend to go very much into detail. If I knew what some of the key revolutionary elements of the revolutions were, it would be easier for me to research the information I need in order to write a proper essay.

2. Off the top of your head, what were the 5 most imporant revolutionary aspects of the two revolutions of 1789 and 1848 in France?

It's vital that I don't include -all- the information I can find on the two historical events, but isolate the core revolutionary elemtents of 1789 and compare them to those of 1848. The professors also stress the importance of discussing, meaning I have to look at things from several sides and debate back and forth.

If you know of a good website which houses some of the information I need, I would appreciate a URL.

Thank you for any help you might be able to provide.

- [wcip]Angel
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw

Messages In This Thread
The French revolutions of 1789 and 1848 - by [wcip]Angel - 09-22-2003, 10:39 AM