D2 veteran tries his hand at D1
I recently re-installed my Diablo II after having it sit on a shelf for 4-6 years or so, but now after playing Diablo II alot I wanted to play the game that spawned it a bit more seriously (and hopefully also in nightmare or hell; I wasn't aware of the multiplayer diff trick for singleplayer until recently).

By the way, I'm playing a Sorcerer online with *monkeycid on Europe. If you happen to be on Europe someday, drop me a message :)

Some things that's been puzzling me:

I found a King's War Staff of Speed in normal/hell (can't remember the dlvl). Very nice weapon for my sorcerer - with stonecurse I could kill advocate-types with just two hits, saving alot of mana (Mana is cheap, but town trips are boring :) ). I was very happy with this weapon and blessed my luck (I thought I'd have to wait til nm/hell or so to find King weapons). It disappeared later though - I had put it on the ground next to my TP (I needed the handspace to carry an item I intended to sell). When I'd done my stuff in town, I started to walk back to the TP. I clicked on the TP when I was 4 squares away from it. One square away from the TP i realized "doh, I forgot my staff" and clicked on it. I saw it spin in the air due to no room, then I entered the TP due to the earlier click. When I returned to town, the staff was gone :( argh, anyone know why?

Atleast the game had some decency and compensated me; when I killed laz'n gang, I got a Naj's Puzzler and an Eaglehorn. yay! :)

Since I found a King weapon in normal/hell, does that mean that drops doesn't improve in the later difficulties? I've understood that King is the best damage prefix, so...

Some questions about mageness:

I beat diablo in Normal yesterday (with my level 26 mage, heh. I've understood that's a very high number for D in normal? I've just played the game through with a replay of Dlvl 14 and 15...), and now I'm starting Nightmare. I'm mainly using Fireball, Chain Lightning, Stone Curse, Guardian and Fire Wall. (gee, that sounds unique eh? ). First I went to the church, but there it was far too easy. I popped down to hell, and I'm holding my own with a little difficulty (though it's slow killing, with ~7 shots per monster). What are the "recommended" spell levels (roughly) for hopping around in nm/hell? Maybe I should play in nm/caves or nm/cats instead of going straight to hell?

Also, what spell levels (again, roughly) is recommended for hell/hell?

More noobish questions to come later; answers greatly appreciated! :)

Yes, I've read the guide, and I've read many different guides. I just couldn't find answers for this specific context

Cheers!

Monkeycid
Wretched is the man who values flag over humanity.

Monkeycid@theamazonbasin.com

Messages In This Thread
D2 veteran tries his hand at D1 - by monkeycid - 09-18-2003, 04:38 PM
D2 veteran tries his hand at D1 - by LennyLen - 09-18-2003, 05:22 PM
D2 veteran tries his hand at D1 - by monkeycid - 09-18-2003, 06:02 PM
D2 veteran tries his hand at D1 - by LennyLen - 09-18-2003, 06:34 PM
D2 veteran tries his hand at D1 - by Draconis - 09-18-2003, 07:48 PM
D2 veteran tries his hand at D1 - by --Pete - 09-18-2003, 07:55 PM