NOOOOOO
Apostolos,Aug 15 2003, 11:49 AM Wrote:Please people, anything you can suggest would be beneficial, if I do not fix this problem by tomorrow night I will be in an absolute world of trouble.
Hmm, not running bad perfoming cheat/hack program helps :)

You should (depending on windows version I think), open up the "my computer folder". Under either "show" or "tools" there is a menu option for folders On this windows 2000 it is called "folder options" (in swedish though so might have slightly different name in english). There you find a further option for file types where you get a list of all file types registered by the OS. Just delete the one for dat files. I am not sure if the OS have some default program to open such files though, if so, you might have to restore it but I don't think so. In older windows versions the list of recognized file types was accessible in a slightly different meny (hence the "show" mentioned above, although again that is the swedish name of the meny).

I am sure someone more skilled in Windows can give you a better answer, but perhaps this still helps some until then :)
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.

Messages In This Thread
NOOOOOO - by Apostolos - 08-15-2003, 10:38 AM
NOOOOOO - by Apostolos - 08-15-2003, 10:58 AM
NOOOOOO - by Jarulf - 08-15-2003, 12:48 PM
NOOOOOO - by Apostolos - 08-15-2003, 06:32 PM
NOOOOOO - by LemmingofGlory - 08-16-2003, 12:56 AM