How do I easily uninstall fonts?
A while ago, I downloaded and installed a pretty large freeware font pack. I now want to get rid of all of them, and revert my system back to the default Windows XP fonts. I also don't want to do a complete Windows re-install, duh :)

I know that I can manually uninstall each and every one of the offending fonts, but this will prove to be a pain in the ass. I cannot tell what is a default Windows font just by looking at the font name, and I have way too many installed fonts to check each and every one of them individually.

What I'd like to do is to uninstall ALL of my fonts en masse, and re-install just the default Windows fonts. I have my OEM Windows XP Home disk, so this should be easy, right? Can anyone tell me how to do this, step-by-step? I would usually give this kind of thing a whirl on my own, but I'm afraid of being left fontless if it doesn't work quite right.

I've checked around Microsoft's website, and browsed around a bunch of Google links, but I cannot seem to find the help I need.

Also, assuming that I am able to revert my system to the default Windows XP fonts, is there any way that I can add more fonts WITHOUT adding them to the general /Fonts directory? I'd like to be able to sort my fonts a bit better than lumping them all into one directory. Can I make usable subdirectories for my fonts?

-DeeBye

Messages In This Thread
How do I easily uninstall fonts? - by DeeBye - 08-14-2003, 04:35 AM
How do I easily uninstall fonts? - by Xiuhcoatl - 08-14-2003, 06:32 PM
How do I easily uninstall fonts? - by NiteFox - 08-14-2003, 06:51 PM
How do I easily uninstall fonts? - by Quark - 08-15-2003, 03:56 AM
How do I easily uninstall fonts? - by Bob - 08-15-2003, 10:18 AM
How do I easily uninstall fonts? - by Walkiry - 08-15-2003, 03:27 PM
How do I easily uninstall fonts? - by DeeBye - 08-17-2003, 03:38 AM
How do I easily uninstall fonts? - by Walkiry - 08-18-2003, 09:33 AM