1.09 singleplayer HC druid strategy
After the deaths of Zoloft (destroyer summonmancer, clvl 36) and Trazodone (multi-shot bowazon, clvl 23), I decided to make Effexor, a hardcore druid. He's level 5, with one point in werewolf, lycanthropy, poison creeper, and raven.

I plan to go werewolf, and put points in fatal fury (whatever the skill's called), lycanthropy, and werewolf. Points in summons as needed. I don't plan on using the elemental tree at all. Is this feasible? Please keep in mind that my HC chars usually die before hitting Act 2, as I use "players8", so long-term plans may not work so well. ;)

I dumped all of my points in STR and used a few items so I can use a bardiche. Had the good luck to socket it with emerald, topaz, and sapphire chips. Rest of equipment is nothing to write home about. What should I look for, gear-wise? Please keep in mind that I don't care about uber gear, partly because I'm playing singleplayer and partly because I just need what works.

My wereform has the same elemental attack damage that my normal druid + bardiche form has. Is this normal?

What merc should I take? I'm thinking a rogue for the missile attack.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.

Messages In This Thread
1.09 singleplayer HC druid strategy - by Count Duckula - 08-05-2003, 03:05 AM
1.09 singleplayer HC druid strategy - by DeeBye - 08-05-2003, 03:51 AM
1.09 singleplayer HC druid strategy - by Layzd - 08-12-2003, 06:37 PM
1.09 singleplayer HC druid strategy - by dta - 08-13-2003, 04:23 PM
1.09 singleplayer HC druid strategy - by Layzd - 08-13-2003, 11:56 PM