Memories... the past
DarkDwarf,Jun 15 2003, 02:59 AM Wrote:First of all I want to say that this is not meant to rant, that I am simply disappointed.

I remember a WHOLE while back that when LoD was about to come out, Blizzard was promising new crafting recipes and/or runewords each week or so. Or specially make craft recipes that would only last one holiday. Boy was I excited to hear this, I was overwhelmed with joy and it even gave me goose bumps just to think about it. But well, they shouldn't have promised that since it disappointed alot of people that they didn't go through with this...

I, myself, love crafting. I remember drooling at those crafts they had in the beta test. Immensly powerful Blood (IIRC) Mythical Swords. And I can call back me standing in Hell Bloody with my very own crafted Highlander Blade, boy I was overjoyed (is that a word? :P). Anyways that is the past, I now moved on to the o so 1337 unique weapon.

To bring back the past, I was thinking maybe making a character only equipped with crafted stuff, which could prove to be a nice challenge only using runes and gems found on my way.

Regards

-DarkDwarf
There are a few promises Blizzard made for D2 that I have been extremely disappointed to of not seen implemented. The most prominent that comes to mind:

1.) Arenas: Arenas (which are still in the coding) allow you, the player, to create a standard "game" or an arena game. In the arena game, you can duel other players for items. As I understand it, you would put the item in the screen, much like the trade screen works now, and click the button then duel - the winner walking away with both items. I also remember hearing you could duel to the death if you wanted. This would be a fantastic feature for hardcore, to duel for items without dying.

2.) Guild Halls & Powers: As I remember it, guild halls were like arenas in the sense that you could create a standard game, arena game, or join a guild hall. In the guildhall was you stash. After you deposited 'x' amount of gems and uniques, you became a member if okayed by the leader of the guild. And also if I remember correctly, each guild had a "special power", such as Inner Sight, which when you became a member of that guild, you got the power.

3.) Blizzard promises a game 'so-difficult' that "no one will be able to solo hell alone," as promised by Blizzard. Thinking back on this now, its so laughable, it makes me sick! As a matter of fact, one of the only games I enjoy playing anymore is The Dark because it is sooooo hard. I can only hope that 1.1 does something to drastically increase the difficulty without resorting to 1-hit kill monsters.

4.) As already mentioned, Monthly updated crafts and rune words.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Memories... the past - by DarkDwarf - 06-15-2003, 10:08 AM
Memories... the past - by kandrathe - 06-15-2003, 10:32 AM
Memories... the past - by Dyntheos - 06-15-2003, 12:59 PM
Memories... the past - by protoshoggoth - 06-15-2003, 01:50 PM
Memories... the past - by Brista - 06-15-2003, 06:41 PM
Memories... the past - by Jugalator - 06-15-2003, 09:41 PM
Memories... the past - by kandrathe - 06-15-2003, 10:12 PM
Memories... the past - by CorwinBrute - 06-15-2003, 10:44 PM
Memories... the past - by Obi2Kenobi - 06-16-2003, 03:14 AM
Memories... the past - by Taem - 06-16-2003, 05:15 AM
Memories... the past - by Hammerskjold - 06-16-2003, 08:33 AM