decisions decisions
Sooooo today I completed my first "Laz run" and finished off Big D (he dropped an ID scroll). Found some very nice stuff (better than I had) on levels 14, 15, and 16. Here are the things I kept:
Awesome gothic plate of Sorcery: AC 51, +136% armor, +16 to magic
Diamond Crown of the Lion: AC 12 Resist Magic %58, +52 HP
Amulet of the Zodiac: +18 to all attributes
Obsidian Ring: +40% resist all

After testing out the two swords I had, and switching equipment according to the mosnters I faced, I ended up wearing this:
Awesome gothic plate of Sorcery: AC 51, +136% armor, +16 to magic
Ruby Crown of the Lion: AC 12 Resist Fire +58%, +56HP
Saintly shield of the Tiger: AC 14, +127% armor, +48 HP
Ruthless falchion of Haste: +131% damage, fastest attack
Amulet of the Zodiac: +18 to all attributes
Amber ring of the Eagle: Resist All %19, +29 HP
Serpent's ring of Vigor: +35 mana, +16 to vitality

Also, this is the equipment that ended up in my inventory:
Diamond Crown of the Lion: AC 12 Resist Magic %58, +52 HP
Obsidian plate: AC 42, +40% resist all
Obsidian ring: +40% resist all
Ring of Life: +28 to vitality
Ring of Sorcery: +17 to magic
Crimson ring of Brilliance: +28% resist fire, +14 to magic
Garnet amulet of Vim: +50% resist fire +11 to vitality

Now I feel like I'm at the crossroads hehe. Obviously, I can interchange the crowns according to the situation. Currently my resist fire is maxed, but if I take the ruby crown off, and put the diamond one on, my magic reistance becomes maxed. The difference in HP is negligible, only 6, so I don't mind. The sword and shield I am sticking with, and same with the amulet. My only real dilemma: the rings! I could either take the two I have off, and put on the perfect, but plain, obsidian ring, and ring of life - which results in a loss of a few HPs, but also the loss of 30 or so mana points. I don't know what to do! If I wear the obsidian ring, I can perhaps find a +armor, +hp crown, and then I could wear my backup Obisidan plate, which would yield max resistances. But then, my current setup is also good (for me anyway). Someone, enlighten me! hehe

On another note...
When I used to play a few years ago, I'd keep all the uniques I found, and let mules carry them. At the time, I felt that unique drops were really rare for me, and they were. Now, that I'm selling every item I don't need, I find that I'm getting a lot of unique drops :)

The really good stuff I got today came from a boss death/blood/whatever knight on level 14, a chest on 14, and various places on level 15, and one from an advocate on 16. Laz gave me a bow, Redvex gave me an axe, and Blackjade gave me the Ring of Engagement. Never knew she felt that way. Too bad she's dead. "Til death do you part", huh? lol :D

Messages In This Thread
decisions decisions - by dfn - 05-19-2003, 07:06 AM
decisions decisions - by Yogi_Baar - 05-19-2003, 09:32 AM
decisions decisions - by Meshuggah - 05-19-2003, 10:14 AM
decisions decisions - by --Pete - 05-19-2003, 04:20 PM
decisions decisions - by dfn - 05-19-2003, 08:48 PM