Warrior Leveling Tatic
Quote:In the unlikely case that you don't already know my position regarding your MS bug example, here it is: Whether the player has read JG and gained knowledge of the bug is entirely irrelevent. They are only cheating if the primary purpose of {using cursed items/ not pumping vit/ etc.} is to lower their life in order to take advantage of the bug. Or in other words, they are only exploiting the bug if the actions they take are different because of their knowledge of the bug. This is only my opinion, whereas several people here have made it very clear that they believe the BNM/NM in this example would indeed be cheating.

I am pretty much on the same page with you.

I found Stealth to be a fun little diversion when I first discovered it on my own BEFORE I ever read Jarulf's guide: Sniper is what I called the Rogue in Question. I had, at the time, no clue as to why infra was variable in length, nor why sometimes the monsters could not see me, when other times they could see me before I saw them, since I did not understand the importance of when you put on the equipment, and where.

What was funny was that having arrived at the DSF an getting involved in reading JG and learning all sorts of stuff, I learned all of the loopholes anyone could ever want! From legits. I think I was actually 'more legit' before I ever looked at the DSF: up until that point, I simply played the game as I found it, learning as I went. Kind of fun, really. Sometimes, I think we know too much. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by the Langolier - 05-07-2003, 07:22 AM
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by Elite - 05-07-2003, 08:07 AM
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by Nystul - 05-07-2003, 09:14 AM
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by Sir_Die_alot - 05-14-2003, 07:20 PM
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by Occhidiangela - 05-14-2003, 08:39 PM
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by Moldran - 05-14-2003, 10:10 PM
Warrior Leveling Tatic - by Yogi_Baar - 05-15-2003, 08:10 AM