Dynamic macro creation
I have been using Mounted to handle all my mounting needs (it works great). Reading the description of how it works, I have a question for people that understand how the UI works.

Quote: 3. If you enter combat it will change the macro to a combat macro which you can edit in the Blizzard Addon options.

So I assume there is an event you can capture that happens on entering combat, which is where this mod rewrites the macro to your "combat" macro.

Now to my question -- if you can change macros while in combat, wouldn't this allow a whole slew of mods to be written that would circumvent Blizzard's efforts to keep decision making out of mods during combat? Has Blizzard done something where you could do this only triggered on entering combat, and not during combat?

An example: you could write a mod that detects when Kel'Thuzad casts Frost Blast, and then rewrites a macro that does something like:
Code:
/target <name of player that is being blasted>
/cast Greater Heal

This is a trivial example, but if macro rewriting in combat is allowed I'm sure people (in particular botters) can get quite creative in exploiting this loophole.

Does anyone know how this works?

Messages In This Thread
Dynamic macro creation - by vor_lord - 01-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Dynamic macro creation - by Taelas - 01-19-2009, 09:43 PM
Dynamic macro creation - by vor_lord - 01-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Dynamic macro creation - by Shamago - 01-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Dynamic macro creation - by NiteFox - 01-20-2009, 11:31 AM