Threads
Currently, the threaded view will show you the original post (or a chosen response) with the tree showing all responses underneath. This means you can only view one post at a time, as opposed to the linear option which shows all posts in timestamp order.

I was wondering if it was possible to display all the posts below the tree so you can see the original post, the tree, and finally all responses at the bottom. Of course, the lower view would be the same as the linear view. One thing about the old forums with the threads was that it wasn't alwasy easy to find the newest posts to a topic, especially when there were a few replies to different posts within a topic. The nice thing about the linear view is that all new messages appear at the bottom. I think it were set up as described above, you could get the best of both worlds. You could quickly spot the new posts at the bottom of the linear view, and yet you still have the tree higher on the page to let you know which is a response to what. I do not know if this an option, but in theory it shouldn't be very difficult at all (again, the below the tree would simply be a linear view based on timestamp, not truely threaded as in the previous forum).
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!

Messages In This Thread
Threads - by the Langolier - 02-26-2003, 09:51 PM
Threads - by Kevin - 02-26-2003, 10:37 PM
Threads - by Kevin - 03-09-2003, 04:39 PM
Threads - by Bolty - 03-11-2003, 02:25 AM
Threads - by Kevin - 03-11-2003, 03:54 AM